Biography

Career
This firm was created in 1866, after the death of Charles Adolphe GAND, by the association of Charles Eugène GAND with the two BERNARDEL brothers : Gustave Adolphe and Ernest Auguste.
When Ernest-Auguste retired in 1886, the firm carried on under the direction of Charles-Eugène GAND and Gustave-Adolphe BERNARDEL, under the name of GAND & BERNARDEL.

Honors & Awards
Luthiers du Conservatoire de musique (Luthiers of the Music Conservatory)

Collaborators : violin makers
BERNARDEL Léon
MERMILLOT Maurice

Collaborators : bow makers
HUSSON Charles Claude
THOMASSIN Claude Auguste


Successors
At the death of Charles-Eugène GAND in 1892, Gustave-Adophe BERNARDEL took over the firm, and ran it up to 1901.
At that date, Albert CARESSA and Henri FRANCAIS took over the workshop under the name CARESSA & FRANCAIS

 

 

Select a Maker